Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Think I won a race..........


Back in August (31st to be precise) I did a 13.1 mile training run on the Oak Brook half marathon course. Being the set up guy for the Labour Day race I can't run the actual race so had decided to run it 6 days before giving me time to check out the course for "issues". As the start/finish and miles were marked ready for race morning it was like running the race.

After I ran I emailed the RD, a friend of mine, and gave him a “race report”. I told him when I got to the race site there was no start line set up, no aid stations on the course, no police controls, no cheering crowds, then at the finish line no medal for my race finish and oh I think I won. Well Mr. RD saved that email.

Today I meet Tom for coffee and to discuss some 2011 events and he presented me with the award at the top. LOL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

too bad I would have cheered for you :P let me know when you come race here in CA.
I can also bring along my "zoo" to cheer you :O
Congrats Ian!

Julesmichelle said...

whoo hoo Ian....who cares how you won it - hang it in pride on your wall at home.....you have done so well getting back into running and achieving the distances you now do. I am so proud of you so you deserve a Fisrt place plaque in my mind!!! OK I am your sister and maybe a little biased .....

Mark Tanaka (Ultrailnakaman) said...

hee hee, congrats, Ian! looks slick!

Eric B said...

Nice job Ian, Thats great.

Chris Ⓥ said...

Freaking hilarious. I love it. Good job Ian.