Thursday, July 14, 2016

CiJ 2016. Running around a misshaped circle

Maybe I can claim I will be chasing and searching for Pokemons. Friday 15th July at 11pm I am running for 12 hours. Well I am signed up to have the chance to run for 12 hours but will likely run some, rest some, hang out some, volunteer some, eat some food, drink some drink, walk some. But no Pokémon will be involved. Hey I don't even know what this craze is.

But the craze I do know is happening in Lisle this weekend as a bunch of crazy ultra runners will be running a nearly one mile loop for 6 or 12 or 24 hours to see how many miles they can or desire to cover.  http://www.christmasinjuly24hour.com/Lisle/Default.aspx

I volunteered at the event the past two years and now I get to run. Honestly have no training so to speak off and my only goal is to have fun plus of course hang out with the ultra crowd.


I will report back sometime this weekend but might post to Facebook during breaks.

Good luck to all running and volunteering and RDing.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope you have fun, even if you don't catch any Pokemon, lol!