Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Graduated. Not much happened last year in running but so ready for this year

Graduated. 

As I told my friend and race director Michele Hartwig (Ornery Mule Racing) runners at the Kettle Moraine 100 trail race in Wisconsin ran almost as many miles in one day as I did in all of 2019.



I did work or volunteer at a number of events such as Shamrock Shuffle, Chicago Marathon, Wisconsin Marathon, Brydsong 10k/5k, Ice Age Trail 50, Kettle Moraine 100, DPRT races to name a few. I ran just one race and it was more of a hike at the Terra Sans Pave 5 mile put on by my good friends Bill and Michelle Thom (RunRace). I sadly did not go to Javelina Jundred 100 in 2019. My friend Steve who I normally crew and pace did the Arizona Ironman instead but he will be running Javelina in 2020 as will Matt Mundy and Jeni Goodwin.

So what did I do in 2019: In February I started the last year of a BA in Business Management at Benedictine University in Lisle IL along with 21 other students in a cohort for a full year finishing the last class at the end of February 2020. I am proud to say I am graduating with a 4.0 GPA and the highest honour they can give. I though will not be walking during the graduation ceremony as it is the same day as Ice Age Trail race and Hwy 12 aid station is calling again (year 8 I think)


This past weekend I did my first run in 3 months. It was short and slow but it was fun being out on the local bike trails (even if it was a paved path) and now I have a plan or goal to train for a trail half marathon and also to do one 20 mile pacing loop at Javelina this Halloween with Steve.

And as I have no college papers to write hopefully I have more time to write on this blog but please don't expect any scholarly research or APA style. Just Ian style.

Cheers 

No comments: