Very fitting that one of my favorite Chicago running stores is again putting on a trail race in Chicago Schiller Woods on November 17th. Come out and run 5.2 miles (approx) on some single track and wider trail along the Des Plaines River. Universal Sole are known for grass roots running so also fitting is the cotton T shirt to all signed up runners, who needs yet another tech T :-) Sign up now before fee goes up come October.
I did this race a few times under the old ownership. Paul, a friend of mine who I helped put on his DeTonty 50k a few times (did on course aid station set up). He held the Schiller Woods for a number of years and the two years I ran it the event was well put on. Paul sold the store to the current owner Joel. Joel is a former area Clif Bar manager a company I am a crew member for at many local expos. Joel always stops by the Clif Bar booth to chat with us; nice guy. Past few years he put on a trail race in Palos but this year he brought back the Schiller Woods Trail Challenge with a summer edition. Now he has brought back the fall edition and I intend to be there. I hope you sign up too. And for all my ultra buddies I am sure Joel would have no issue with you running it a few more times or more!!
Joel has some good sponsors lined up including Clif Bar, 312 Goose Island (beer), Fuel Belt and Saucony
Photo of me finishing the 2008 event: http://www.runrace.net/runreports.php?id=48&tab=a3&image=2199 (I've lost some weight since then!!)
Details about the US Trail Challenge Fall Edition ripped from the website with some minor editing on links:
It's back again for the fall! The Universal Sole Trail Challenge Fall Edition! Mark your calendars for November 17 as the season has changed on us. USOLE is proud to be re-introducing to the store’s race calendar a trail running competition to the Chicagoland area for the fall on Saturday, November 17! Universal Sole’s Trail Challenge Series will be a single path course design with fun and unpredictability still at the forefront! Get "Off" the roads and join us for this unique tail adventure!
- Race Day - November 17, 2012
- Check-In 8:30am - 9:30am
- Race Start - 10:00am
- Post Race Party Start - 11:00am
- Race Location - Schiller Woods Forest Preserve | WEST ENTRANCE GROVE #3 | 8400 W Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL
- Check out the course on the website
- Packet Pickup November 15-16, 2012 - 11am - 7pm
- Universal Sole - Lakeview
- Address: 3052 North Lincoln, Chicago, IL 60614 (773) 868-0893
- We will have race morning packet pickup from 8:30am - 9:30am! It is encouraged for folks to pick up packet at Universal Sole!
- Water and Gatorade at the Start/Finish area!
- Clif Bars-Bagels for all runners at the finish.